Radio Academy Training Day
Coventry University, 27 May
We're proud to announce that the next Radio Academy Training Day will take place at Coventry University, on 27 May, and tickets are on sale now.
Confirmed speakers include (with more to be announced in the coming weeks):
- Greg James - Presenter, Radio 1 Breakfast
- Chris Sawyer - Producer, Radio 1 Breakfast
- Aled Haydn Jones - Head of Station, BBC Radio 1
- David Salt - Regional Content Director, Greatest Hits Radio and Hits Radio
- Stuart Morgan - Managing Director, Audio Always
- Gareth Roberts - Executive Editor, BBC CWR and BBC WM
- Adele Cross - Producer, BBC Radio 1Xtra Breakfast
- Bron Mills - Producer, BBC CWR Breakfast Show
- Sam Darlaston - Presenter, KISS
- Shivani Dave - Presenter, Virgin Radio
- Serena Takhar - Presenter, BBC Asian Network
- JD - Presenter, Free Radio Breakfast
- Heather Davies - Producer, Teach Me A Lesson Podcast, with Greg and Bella
- Jamie Griffiths - Content Director Smooth Radio, Communicorp UK
- Linzi Symons - Social Media Lead, BBC Pop Radio
- Ushma Mistry - City of Culture Reporter and Producer, BBC CWR
- Libby Merry - Producer, BBC CWR
We're also pleased to confirm that a lucky 25 delegates will be invited to attend a backstage tour of the Radio 1’s Big Weekend site, on the Friday morning before the event. (Delegates will be chosen by ballot from all ticket holders).
Tickets are charged at the token price of £10 for Radio Academy Members, or £20 for non-members. Tickets include light refreshments on the day and the first drink in the bar, and the non-member price includes a discount code for £10 off Radio Academy Membership.
The Radio Academy Training Days are an opportunity hear from the best in the business, on programming, music, news, speech, imaging, technology, presenting, podcasting and more. They're also a great way to meet other brilliant people in the industry, with plenty of opportunities for building your network.
Each Training Day includes a programme of talks from industry experts from across radio and audio, following by an evening of networking drinks to meet new people and make new contacts.
Feedback from our Exeter Training Day
"Great to have industry leaders, and a variety of people in the audience to meet and exchange tips."
"A great day and everyone in our party enjoyed it. Big Thanks."
"A great day all round. Great speakers and presentations throughout. Will definitely attend more."
"Look forward to the next one ...... thanks for a great day!"