The Radio Academy will be celebrating Women In Radio & Audio this spring, with a series of lunchtime webinars highlighting inspiring leadership and creative achievement.
The programme of six talks will launch on Wednesday 24th February with a leadership panel hosted by Head of BBC Radio 2, and Chair of The Radio Academy, Helen Thomas. She’ll be hearing the inspirational stories of leading women in the business, including
- Rebecca Frank – Content Director, KISS Network
- Lorna Clarke – Controller of BBC Popular Music
- Siobhan Kenny – CEO of Radiocentre
- Dame Melanie Dawes – Chief Executive of Ofcom
The launch event will be followed by five in-conversation talks, each taking place on a Wednesday lunchtime during March – International Women’s Month. The talks will explore a broad range of areas of radio and audio, and confirmed guests include:
- BBC Radio 2’s Sara Cox and her producer Louise Moloney
- Podcasting pioneer Helen Zaltzman
More names will be announced in the coming weeks.
The events will be produced by Laura Rawlings, a Producer and Presenter known for her work at BBC Radio Bristol.
All six events will be exclusive to Radio Academy Members through a live stream on this website, and made available on-demand the next day.Register to attend