The BBC Audio & Music department (director: Tim Davie) runs five national networks which are currently based in London and broadcast throughout the UK. All are available on DAB radio sets, via digital television including Freeview, and online.
- Radio 1 (97-99 FM) - Contemporary music, entertainment and news
- Radio 2 (88-91 FM) - Popular music and speech for over 35s
- Radio 3 (90- 92 FM) - Classical music and arts
- Radio 4 (92-96 FM, AM [197 long wave]) - News, current affairs, drama, comedy and factual programmes
- Radio 5 Live (AM [909 and 693 medium wave]) - Live news and sport
Digital Only Services
BBC A&M is also responsible for 5 national networks broadcast exclusively on digital platforms (mostly DAB and DTV) and online.
- 1 Xtra - Contemporary black and urban music
- Radio 4 Extra - Classic comedy and drama
- Radio 5 Live Sports Extra - Live sports coverage
- 6 Music - Pop and rock music inc archive sessions
- The Asian Network - music and speech for UK Asian communities
You can read more about these 10 networks here.
Nations & Regions
BBC English Regions operates 40 local radio stations, broadcasting a mix of news and conversation, from Newcastle to Jersey and Norfolk to Cornwall. There's a full list here.
Details of the BBC's local and regional services are available here.