These awards, organised by The Radio Academy and The Radio Independents Group, are designed to recognise and celebrate the work of UK-based radio and audio producers. Where the Radio Academy Awards recognise programmes, stations and broadcasters, the RPAs honour the achievement of individual producers and production companies demonstrated by a body of work created and delivered during the previous year.
The Awards are open to all UK-based radio and audio producers, including:
and staff of and contributors to:
- BBC networks
- BBC local and regional stations
- Ofcom-licensed commercial stations
- Ofcom-licensed community stations
- SRA affiliated student radio stations
- HBA affiliated hospital radio stations
Entries are also welcome from audio producers working primarily in the digital sector on output for commercial or not-for-profit audio streams and podcasts.