Terms & Conditions
Entries are invited from OFCOM (or similarly regulated) licensed radio stations with a potential adult listenership, published TSA or editorial coverage area of under 300,000. This includes BBC, commercial, community, hospital and student radio stations or any station that has been broadcasting on FM, AM, DAB, satellite or cable between 1st July 2011 and 31st June 2012.
We would not expect internet-only stations to enter these Awards given their potential audience reach and submissions by RSLs cannot be considered for a Nations & Regions Award.
Stations must enter according to their Radio Academy Branch. The Branches are: Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and in England, the North West, North East, Yorkshire, Midlands, East Midlands, South East, South West, South and London. Details of branches can be found online at www.radioacademy.org/branches.
Please note that entry is only open to Radio Academy individual, affiliate and Patron members – to check your membership status or to join, click here.
• The judges’ decisions will be absolute and final; no correspondence relating to these decisions will be entered into.
• The judges reserve the right not to judge an entry if the submission requirements have not been met. Beyond the information requested, no further supporting material will be considered.
• The judges will consider your entry as heard by your listeners and will not welcome the addition of other audio material such as specially recorded voice links, or additional editing.
• Entries must be compliant with all relevant broadcasting codes. Non-compliant entries will be disqualified.
• If the audio entry is in a language other than English, please enclose copies of a printed English translation of your entire audio submission when sending in your entry. In cases where this applies, please be sure to advise The Radio Academy in advance of submitting your entry.
• A region may not be judged if insufficient entries are received. In these circumstances entry fees will be returned.
• The winner in each region will receive a Nations and Regions Award Trophy.
• All correspondence regarding your entry/nomination will be directed to the person named on your entry form. Please ensure that this person is the most relevant contact.
• The Radio Academy cannot undertake the return of submissions.
• Clips from your entry may be used for promotional, educational & research purposes.
• The Radio Academy does not accept responsibility for any entries lost or damaged in transit.
• When referring to the Awards on-air, in print or within general promotional material please endeavour to include their full title of “The Radio Academy Nations and Regions Awards”.